CoMoS will hold a 3-session workshop on R for Data Science applications using tidyverse. Sessions are planned for May 16, 17 and 18 from 10:30am to 12:00noon in Aula 3, Toscanelli. Topics covered will include:
- Data input in R: importing data from messy files, reading common and exotic formats and directory structures; preserving metadata; webscraping.
- Data wrangling in R: “tidying” strategies for fixing common issues with data; text processing with regular expressions; reshaping(wide-long) tabular data; merging and appending data.
- Visualization: plot data with ggplot2; principles and recipes forvisualization.
- Automation: using the pipe //%>%; automate tasks with functionalprogramming with purrr.
- Statistical modeling: automated approaches to estimation and modelselection.
Bring your laptops with R, and find slides and materials here.